Saturday, September 15, 2018

Book Review: The Dream Daughter







The Dream Daughter

The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was given an advanced copy to read for free. and this is the first book from Diane Chamberlain I have read. This book was so hard to put down once I started reading it. The story line really draws you in and I became so connected with the main character Carly. Carly is such a likeable character that goes through so much but remains such a strong willed women. She is such an inspiration to always keep going and to never give up. The story starts out in 1965 and Carly is a physical therapist who is married to Joe. Joe dies in Vietnam and Carly is left widowed and pregnant. Sadly Carly's pregnancy is hit with bad news. Her baby has a heart defect and the doctors tell her that it is unlikely her baby will survive. Carly's brother in law Hunter knows how important the baby is to Carly especially since she is now widowed. This is where the book really picked up and drew me in. Hunter can time travel and has come up with a plan to send Carly into 2001 so that she can get proper medical care for her baby. Hunter is another favorite character of mine in the book. He is so caring and he puts so much on the line to help Carly and her baby. This is the only option for her baby to have a chance to survive. I really enjoyed that the story added the time travel aspect into it but still kept the story relatable and did not turn it into a science fiction book. The time travel aspect really flowed nicely with the plot and it was believable. The story has so many characters that remind you how amazing humans can be. I had tears a couple times int he story because I was overcome with emotion. As a mother it is really easy to feel Carly's pain and to understand her desire to do whatever it takes to protect her baby. I admire how Carly adapts to everything that is thrown her way and pushes on. She really is such an inspiration and is a great reminder that you can accomplish anything you set out to. The book is really suspenseful and you never know what will happen and it was very hard to put down because I just needed to know that Carly will be okay! I think this book is really a great read and worth 5 stars all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment