Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines Day Homemade Sweethearts

Happy Valentines Day! I received my Valentines Day gift from my husband today and was blown away by the creativity and thoughtfulness of his gift. I have zero creativity in my bones so I am always amazed by his homemade gifts. This year he made me homemade wooden sweethearts. Sweethearts are his favorite candy so that is where he got his inspiration. I wanted to share my gift and how he made them since it was just to cute and think it is such a great idea!
 He was able to get all the materials at Michaels and I am sure any craft store will carry the wooden hearts. He then painted the hearts and after they dried, used an oil based sharpie to write on them. He tried to use some of the similar messages that are on actual sweetheart candies. The great part is you can customize the hearts! He then bought a tin and used a stencil set to write sweetheart,using a sharpie brush pen. The tin has a handle and the hearts fit perfect inside.
Love this idea and just wanted to share! Hope everyone has a great Valentines Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment